Support for refugees, asylum seekers and migrants
Projects, services, campaigns and language courses for migrants, refugees and people seeking asylum
We want to increase support for migrants, refugees and asylum seekers to fully participate in their communities and neighbourhoods, to build flourishing lives and to tackle the barriers they face by providing access to resources.
- Area: Greater London
- Open to: New and previous applicants
- Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Funding length: Up to 5 years
- Funding size: There is no minimum or maximum limit to how much we will give, however we never give revenue funding exceeding 50% of the applicants turnover/income in any one year
- Average award: Based on grants made to date, we have awarded between £2,000 and £300,000, the average award size has been £110,000*
What we fund
We fund organisations tackling the barriers these groups face. Through direct service provision and referrals through qualified support providers, our funding includes, but is not limited to:
- targeted services providing access to resources, including:
work that sets out to increase the influence, voice and representation of the people they work with so they can push for more widespread, lasting change in the services they receive
*We will only support English for Speakers of Other Languages classes at Pre-Entry Level and Entry Levels 1,2 and 3, for adults who are not otherwise accessing mainstream ESOL provision. Teachers must have a recognised ESOL qualification, such as those listed on the TESOL website.
Wherever possible, we seek to support projects and organisations that involve the communities the project or organisation serves in the shaping of its services and/or that are majority-staffed or led by those with direct experience of the UK immigration system.
How to apply
Before beginning your application, please ensure you have thoroughly read steps one and two to check that our funding is a good fit for you. Please note, we only fund organisations that meet our eligibility criteria.
If you are a previous grant holder, or an unsuccessful applicant, please read our reapplication criteria before submitting a new application.