Funding theme: Increasing the quality and scale of giving
We want to support the growth of local partnerships that use local insight, ideas and resources to find new and better ways to address the needs in their own communities.
- Area: Greater London
- Open to: New and previous applicants
- Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Funding length: Up to five years
- Funding size: There is no minimum or maximum limit to how much we will give, however we never give revenue funding exceeding 50% of the applicants turnover/income in any one year
- Average award: Based on grants made to date, we have awarded between £100,000 and £327,000, the average award size has been £299,000*
What we fund
Applicants must either already be members of London’s Giving ‘place-based giving scheme’ network or plan to join as their project develops. Projects must reflect the network’s shared principles, to:
connect people and foster collaboration, bringing together residents and public, private and voluntary sectors
empower local people to take action on the issues that affect them
speak up about inequality and challenge ourselves and our partners
‘Place-based giving schemes’ (PBGS) bring together the voluntary and community, public and private sectors, to build stronger communities and improve local places. They set out to leverage wider community resources either to improve existing and/or to develop fresh approaches to fundraising, volunteering, in-kind giving, grant-making, capacity-building, influencing or convening.
Organisations eligible for a Place-based giving grant may also, in certain circumstances, hold or apply to our Infrastructure funding: capacity building and representation programme.
How to apply
Before beginning your application, please ensure you have thoroughly read steps one and two to check that our funding is a good fit for you. Please note, we only fund organisations that meet our eligibility criteria.
If you are a previous grant holder, or an unsuccessful applicant, please read our reapplication criteria before submitting a new application.