Support for poverty, disability and social exclusion charities
The STRIVE programme provides independent, confidential business advice and guidance to our grant holders whose work is primarily focussed on addressing poverty, disability or social exclusion.
Projects generally cover four main areas:
- Leadership and strategic direction: governance, business planning, mentoring, and marketing
- People management: organisational structure, recruitment and retention processes, merger and collaborative working
- Financial management and sustainability: process improvements, understanding costs, forecasting and scenario planning
- Performance and impact: key performance indicators, impact reporting, and developing performance tools
“Being a CEO of a small charity can be lonely, demanding, and often daunting. Having a Mentor through Cranfield Trust has provided me with somebody reliable, knowledgeable, supportive, and experienced to help me problem solve, tackle complexities, and overcome barriers more effectively. A Mentor means you are not alone: I would recommend this service to new Directors/CEOs in particular.”STRIVE participant
- you must be a City Bridge Foundation grant holder whose primary purpose is addressing poverty, disability or social exclusion
- you must be a formally constituted non-profit with a board of trustees, such as a registered charity or Community Interest Company
- you need to have sufficient time to devote to a management consultancy project – our volunteers provide mentoring support, rather than taking the work away from you
- your charity must be based in the UK (even if supporting work overseas)
- any project undertaken must be agreed by your charity’s trustees and senior management team
More information and how to apply
We fund the Cranfield Trust to deliver the STRIVE programme to our funded organisations.
The Cranfield Trust has been working with charities for nearly 30 years, delivering management consultancy projects that support charities with everything from strategic planning to improving financial processes, building a strong board or creating an effective marketing plan.