Funding theme: Social, welfare, legal advice and food poverty
We want to support organisations tackling hardship and crisis for Londoners that are experiencing food poverty.
- Area: Greater London
- Open to: New and previous applicants
- Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Funding length: Up to five years
- Funding size: There is no minimum or maximum limit to how much we will give, however we never give revenue funding exceeding 50% of the applicants turnover/income in any one year
- Average award: Based on grants made to date, we have awarded between £36,000 and £377,000, the average award size has been £145,000*
What we fund
Revenue funding is available to projects and organisations distributing donated food to people in London who find themselves in these circumstances.
We are particularly keen to hear from organisations working to ensure that clients receive culturally appropriate food.
We are not able to directly fund the purchase of food for distribution.
Wherever possible, we seek to support projects and organisations that involve the communities the project or organisation serves in the shaping of its services and/or that are majority-staffed or run by those with lived experience of the issues they address.
How to apply
Before beginning your application, please ensure you have thoroughly read steps one and two to check that our funding is a good fit for you. Please note, we only fund organisations that meet our eligibility criteria.
If you are a previous grant holder, or an unsuccessful applicant, please read our reapplication criteria before submitting a new application.